Sunday, August 21, 2005

39th Anniversary

Yesterday was our 39th wedding anniversary and I executed a suprise weekend for us.

Friday, we drove to Napa and stayed at a Bed and Breakfast called The Blue Violet Mansion. This wonderful Queen Anne Victorian is managed by a delightul man named Roger from the U.K. I highly recommend it. Here is a pic of us on the steps.



We had a great meal at Celadon!

We arranged to play a round of golf at the Chardonnay Golf Club and this was also a treat.



The big treat was a ride on the Wine Train - a 3 hour trip 30 miles up the road to St Helena aboard a 1950 domed dining car with a goumet meal and the trimmings.



Health Issues

Well, I have completed 12 cycles of chemotherapy (that's 36 days laying in the chair with infusions being pumped into you) and I am a heck of a lot better than when I started. The exact 'cocktail' has been adjusted on and off and it may need some further tweaking, but I am grateful.

I am thankful for my family and friends for the support and encouragement. I am also thankful to those at work who have allowed me extra time off and have been tolerant of some of the accomdoations a cancer patient may need. For those folks who are not tolerant, what can I say.

Whats Next

Well, the countdown has begun until it is time be a be a grand-dad again (can you believe 4 weeks!), Hawaii is coming up in a few months and oh-yes - Vegoose in Vegas for Halloween.

Talk to you later.

No comments: