Friday, December 30, 2005

Year End 2005



(Thats Emily Elizabeth Kennedy!)

One of my favorite poems is Carl Sandburg's FOG - and it seems that fog comes in and out of my life "on little cat feet". Christmas started well but soon the Baptist Flu* took over and variously affected all my children, 66 % of my grandchildren, Carole and me and my son-in-law. And now, the fog has traveled on. In the meantime, I had to cancel my trip with Fresno State football to Memphis - I was looking forward to some football bowl style, but I couldn't get out of bed for three days.

Having chemo once every three weeks is so different - so I hope this stabilizes things for a while, so I can enjoy more "drug free" days.

Going back to medical practice is probably not feasible in the near future, so I am at least looking at some other options and will have to make a decision in the next week or two.

So, for today, things are good. Tommorrow is another year. Happy New Year.



*The 'flu' seemed to have come home with my grand-daughter Marlee from the Baptist private school she attends, hence "Baptist" flu.

No comments: