Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rolling and Tumbling

The last several days have been spent at Doctor's Offices and Imaging Centers. When I got the wobblies and started bumping into things, it seems that I probably had something compressing my spinal cord; however the MRI suggested otherwise. It seems that I have short pedicles in my spinal cord (the arch that the spinal cord and nerves run through) that is further compromised by bone spurs and other aging phenomena causing a crunching of the nerves coming out of the spine with pain and spasm.



On the picture you can imagine if the pedical is short (someting I was born with) and some spurs where the nerve runs, it could get ouchy!

The bone scan shows plenty of tumor but most it looks knocked down by the cancer treatment, so it may be that my current problems are not primarily being caused by cancer - but who knows for sure.

Yesterday there were many attempts to put dye into my spinal canal but each tap came up dry - no spinal fluid so no picture of the nerve roots (myelogram) so we can see exactly what is going on.

In the meantime, I am unsteady and using a walker. So what now.

Tuesday I am having my head examined (an idea people have suggested long ago) via an MRI and I see a neurologist, then more scans, then the oncologist and the the doctors at UCSF. In the meantime it is Percodan, dinner on the patio, and catching up on my TIVO movies.

Cheers...

K

2 comments:

Beth said...

Imagine yourself healthy and walking steady, I will. Positive Vibrations.

Love,
Beth

Unknown said...

Good vibrations coming from me as well!!!

XOXO