Sunday, February 13, 2005

February 13, 2005

Cycle Six

I read in the Fresno Bee (my favorite source of medical misinformation), that there is an influenza called the 'California Flu' that is so mutated that the flu shots do not protect you from it. In retrospect that is what probably laid Carole and myself up in bed for a week and delayed last week's chemo. Not to worry, I am now strong enough to press on.

Friday we did Cycle 6-A without a hitch (so far). All the numbers look good and my marrow is holding its own and my head hair is starting spurt out a bit.

I have been going to a tanning salon to abort the comments from patients about "looking sick" - the result of the anemia - now I look like Palm Springs Bill.

Anyway, all is well and it will be off the West Hills and Santa Barbara to celebrate Prez Daze next weekend.

My grandchildren:



Bill

No comments: