Sunday, October 16, 2005

Emily

Well, my grandaughter Emily is 11 days old and I have yet to hold her. Next weeknd perhaps; probably for the best as I have been out all last week due to a persistent and sapping cold-bronchitis (or as my Doctor said: at least its not pneumonia).

I finished my second week of Cycle 14 Chemotherapy without incident last Friday and am looking forward to my upcoming FMLA (MEDICAL LEAVE) from Northwest Medical Group. AFter a year of chemotherapy, I am beginning to realize that I probably can not meet my contractual obligations to NW (so many patients per hour, etc) due to the many effects and side effects of the chemo. After the FMLA, I will be looking into working at a diferent pace - perhaps less patients per hour - we will see.

I went with my brother to the Fresno State vs. New Mexico State football game in Las Cruces NM last weekend and I really noticed the fatigue factor - especially trying to stay upright thru the game in the rain.

Next weekend is the awaited trip to SoCal and Santa Barbara after completing Cycle 14.

Stay tuned.

No comments: