Saturday, October 01, 2005

Time For A Rest

Well the news is good. My PSA has stopped rising and actually falling after cycle 13. So there willl be no changes in the current plan, although my oncologist feels that after a year of chemotherapy, one often needs to mix it up a bit.

I have been talking with my oncologist about the need for some cutting back on my very 'workaholic' lifestyle and he and I think it is time for a rest.

So, after October 14, I will be taking a medical leave for several months. This is not because my health is failing, but a year of chemotherapy ahs taken it's toll and I need some time to get back into shape and start taking better care of myself. I will continue with the Dept of Voc Rehab and Fresno State and he sundry other projects I am involved in.

Sooo, I will be out of practice for most of the rest of the year with the hope that I can return in 2006 - rested, slimmed, relaxed and ready-2-go!

Anyway, I am very pleased with the treatment paln so far and I am looking forward to seeing the inside of fitness gym. I am also grateful beyond description for the support and concern for everyone, especailly the prayer circles!

Stay tuned!

No comments: