Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Time to Remember



Last weekend was clearly a whirlwind time. Carole and me, as well as her sister Anice and the Hazelton’s (Beth, Bill, Marlee, and Grace) flew back to Sharon Penna to attend a memorial service for Carole’s mother at the First Presbyterian Church in Sharon.







It was a fitting tribute to a life well lived and hopefully will bring some closure to all that loved her.










While in Sharon we traveled to New Wilmington and Volant – the heartland of the Western Pennsylvania Amish. Initially one is struck with the simplicity of the buggies and dress and the bucolic vistas of the Amish farms. However, it is enchanting, and has a tranquility that transcends all the hoy paloy of current affairs in America.





We also had a chance to visit Jig Warren, one of my lifelong friends who has his hands full trying to develop franchises for his Quaker Steak and Lube restaurants. We had a chance to meet this wonderful children – Margot and Meredith. Jig had a big influence on me growing up, as well as his parents George and Mary. If you ever get near a QS & L, do drop n for the best Wings USA.

The grandkids are clearly travelers – they enjoyed every minute.






We were also happy to be able to spend time with my brother Steve and his wife Jean and my nephew Steve Jr. Nothing but fun. I really would like to spend more time there as I love where I was raised in Western Pennsylvania.

Health wise, nothing to report. My hair seems to be on a bit of a growth spurt and I actually had to save after a 3 month hiatus.

We have a chance to relax for the next few weeks before going out of town – next rip is to Rob Godsall-Meyers marriage in Minneapolis in June.

Stay in touch.
If you would like to automatically receive a copy of my posts within 24 hours of posting, please submit your e-mail below

Enter your Email





Powered by FeedBlitz

No comments: