Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Thoughts

A blog reader, after looking at my abdominal CT scan commented "That liver looks like it's been ridden hard and put away wet a few times. :)". In actual fact, the radiologist who interpreted the scan commented on seeing 'fatty infiltration of the liver'. I don't think my liver got fat eating an extra serving of broccoli; I will have to take better care of it - anyway, fat is not such a bad thing.

My Vitamin B-12 level was low so I got a B-12 shot Friday - so far --> nothing seems to be changing but how did I get low on B-12???, especially with my gluttonous eating behavior on the cruise.

Last night Dave and Laura came out and helped prepare dinner: perfect night for a patio dinner but probably not the best of nights for the liver. Tonight we are having a mini-last-Soprano-episode dinner. Should be a hoot.

Of course the big news is the arrival of Sarah Cassidy Kennedy in Santa Barbara - Mommy and baby are doing fine (come on Steve- start firing pictures my way).

As to health issues, things are going along pretty good, mainly because of my caretaker.



Also, my primary care doctor has, as Emeril says, "kicked it up a notch" and I have much more pain free episodes.

In the next couple of days I should be able to get my hands on a motorized wheelchair or scooter and that will simplify things.

Anyway, goodbye to Tony Soprano.

Oh, BTW, a very food friend (Ed Pierce)had the honor and duty of throwing out the first pitch at Dodger Stadium the other night - they tell me it was a strike.



If you would like to automatically receive a copy of my posts within 24 hours of posting, please submit your e-mail below

Enter your Email





Powered by FeedBlitz

No comments: