Thursday, March 01, 2007

Yuk

I have been on a treatment strategy that wipes out any trace of testosterone as prostate cancer is usually sensitive to testosterone. However, the last two months my PSA has continued to rise. Ironically, I feel OK (except for not having any macho hormone and the meds I have to take) and enjoy every day.

So, next step is to go to UCSF to see the experts (again) and probably get into treatment with new drugs not available to the public (yet).

Needless to say, its a bit scary and unsettling but I suppose it is a bit of an adventure and an inevitable part of the 'long strange trip'.

On the other hand, I am really having a wonderful time teaching a class at Fresno State - the students are wonderful (i.e. full of wonder) and have a passion for learning.

No pictures today, but there should be plenty next post as we are having a housefull next weekend.

Peace

Bill

No comments: